Tuesday, June 7, 2011

SUMMER'S HERE!!!!

It's funny how things have changed in the past year. I have been looking forward to this summer for quite sometime, the reasons behind it have changed though.  I love my job, I love the kids, the challenge, the non-monotony of it...BUT, I also LOVE my summers.  I love sitting around catching up on Regis and Kelly, organizing closets, sleeping in, hanging out with Jordan, de-cluttering anything in the house that is cluttered, and just relaxing.  Last summer, this did not happen.  I held my breath most of the summer wondering, "Is he going to make it?"  "Is this the trip he'll actually get transplanted?"  "Why won't he eat?"  "When will he get out of bed?"  "Wow, he's in a great mood!"  And in my heart of hearts, I knew he would be transplanted and healthy by this summer.  To me, there was no other option.  I can't really make it without him, so I didn't think otherwise.  So last year, I was looking forward to having a summer with Graham back at work, me back to my lazy organizing self with my sidekick J by my side.
But now, my opinion has changed.  Now Graham is not only healthy, BUT in a great mood! (His friends use to refer to him as "Grumpy Graham" but, come on, when you are struggling to breath and make it day to day, you tend to be a little grumpy).  So this summer, I'm jam packing it full of things to do with my little family I never imagined I'd get to do without weeks of rest in between.
We have beach trips, lake trips, family trips, friend trips, date nights, daughter nights, and even more that I have no idea even exist yet.  I'm soaking it all in.  I'll probably go back to work in August more tired than I am now that I just finished up an exhausting school year; but I know I'll cherish every moment together with him...and it'll be all worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Your summer is going to be amazing! I hope you can fit it all in!
    Erika
    Wild About 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete