Monday, October 4, 2010

Nothing Can Bring Us Down

We have been having the best days since Friday!  Graham finally got to come home to his own home, bed, dogs, FAMILY...and we've just been smiling ever since.  Jordan's day on Friday would bring a smile to the saddest person's face.  As I picked her up from school I asked her, "Guess who's at your house?" She said, "Daddy?" Daddy's at my house?  DADDY'S HOME DADDY'S HOME!" She began screaming in the car and flapping her arms and kicking her feet.  When we pulled into the drive way I told her she had to wash her hands really good then she could go see Daddy.  She ran into the house chanting, "Must wash hands, go see Daddy; Must wash hands, go see Daddy." And she washed them Good!  She sang her whole wash hands song, quickly dried her hands and ran into the bedroom screaming DAAAADDDDDY!  It was awesome!  She gave him the biggest (softest) hug and it was chaos from there on out.  Daddy do this, Daddy do that, Daddy I have trash, Daddy I'm eating...Daddy Daddy Daddy!  I can't tell you how happy we all were, my family was finally under one roof.
We went back to the doctor Friday morning for lab work, and by the afternoon he had his new Prograf dosages to take.  We were able to give him a shower Friday night and by Sunday he had perfected doing it all by himself (Wahoo! It was hard bathing him and chasing a 2 year old at the same time without me getting wet and trailing water all over the house - all the while our Boston Terrier chasing me and barking at me too). 
Friday we also had a nice surprise, our neighbor friends bought poster board and paint for our two girls to make "Welcome Home" signs for Graham...that in itself was hysterical.  They had so much fun, and when we came back to the house to give them to Graham, everyone wore masks.  Imagine two 2 year olds, covered in paint, giggling and trying to keep the masks on.  Made the night even better.
On Saturday, we watched the Longhorns lose to OU...we kind of expected it, and were happy it was a closer game than we predicted, but nonetheless, HATE seeing them lose.  However, we were still smiling - Nothing could bring us down :)  And you know that time, the time that is the most inconvenient how am I going to fix that now time?  Well...our microwave broke, guest toilet is leaking everywhere, freezer blew a circuit and we lost OUR ICE CREAM (but luckily last season's deer meat is still good!); all we did was smile and plan a trip to Lowes (oh and press the reset button).  If we could get through the past 6 weeks, pretty sure I can learn how to reheat left overs in the oven. Even though IT IS A PAIN!  You never realize how much you use your microwave until it dies on you, and then you wonder what they did in the pre-microwave era!
We are back at the hospital today going through all the different labs, PT, X-Ray, tests and Clinic mambo jambo.  Graham is dreading getting his lungs tapped.  All I can do is look at him and say "Really? You just went through one of the most painful experiences ever and you are afraid of a needle in the back?"  He just smiles and says, "I Know."  I'm so glad he's home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment