Sunday, November 14, 2010

Faith

I've always believed that Faith is a personal thing, to not judge what others think or believe.  But I will say, I've always been frustrated at those who don't believe in anything.  This whole transplant process has really been an eye opening experience for me in the area of Faith.  Before it all began, I was a strong Christian who prayed regularly and tried to at least watch a Church on TV if I didn't make it to our Church on Sunday Morning.  Graham on the other hand questioned a lot, and I never understood why.
Once Graham went on the list, and he increasingly became more and more sick, the strangest thing happened.  Graham's Faith became very strong, regularly praying and watching Church on TV; where as my Faith began to fade.  I was the one questioning what God's path for us was, never thinking God didn't exist, but thinking God had it out for me.  Why would he let an amazing person be misunderstood, why would he let an amazing father slowly die a painful death and not allow his daughter to ever truly know him.  Then transplant came, and again, Why did Graham have to struggle so hard in recovery?  Why did Jordan have to get sick when Graham finally got to come home?  These are just a few of the questions (tips of my everlasting ice burg) and frustrations I had...and you know what's weird, I got my answers.
1) Graham's Faith has become so strong, that he helped pull me out of my darkest times. 2) God didn't just answer me once, but made sure there were signs EVERYWHERE I turned. 3) I started to slow down, and figure out the silver linings of everything. And 4) I now fully understand where Graham was and why he believed what he believed.
From sermons speaking of God still loves you and thinks of you when things are not going right, to a sign at Debbie and 360 saying almost the same thing.  There was an article in people about a man losing his entire family, yet he still goes on, honoring them everyday.  Jordan, one of the most perfect angels.  Everyone of our family and friends who have reached out through texts, flowers, support, prayers, and aid.  I get it now, I get it all. 
If Graham didn't stay in the hospital for 5 weeks, he'd be in a home in Dallas, not with Nurses and Doctors visiting him daily.  He was right where he was supposed to be.  Now, I don't understand this latest bump in the road, but I now have Faith that God does and will help up through it.
Thank you to everyone again.."I Thank my God every time I remember you, constantly praying with joy in everyone of my prayers for all of you."  Philippians 1:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment