Wednesday, September 8, 2010

*&^*#%(*#@*$

I had this great intro already planned for my blog...but now all I can think of is this low life SOB that stole Graham's phone from his room.  Seriously, who does that!  And me trying to be Sherlock Holmes (only, I'm really a chicken when it comes to confrontation) have figured out, along with his Mom, he HAD TO HAVE BEEN IN THE ROOM!!!!  They called some number yesterday at 1:30pm...well, he hadn't left the room (remember - bed rest day) since it was used last.  So I called the number, didn't hang up, but listened.  Trying to figure out male or female, accent no accent.  Well, now THEY keep calling me and hanging up.  The dork that I am, have already talked to AT&T and they can't figure out who I am...didn't I say I was a chicken???  I've really lost my touch since working in Inner City Dallas.  So, if you call Graham and it does the little disconnect spill, that is why.  And got to love Barbara, his mom.  She is on top of Baylor like white on rice.  WHO TAKES A SICK MANS PHONE FROM HIS ROOM!!!  And to think, that was his only way to see his little girl :(
Now that is out of my system.  Update...supposedly this is all "relatively normal" but it still makes me sad and frustrated.  His line in his neck was put back in.  Due to swelling and no blood draw from his port, they had no way of drawing blood which is VERY important to make sure all his levels are OK.  His kidney functions are still high, but almost everything else looks better.  White blood cells are almost normal but red cells still low...so he needed a transfusion today.  This is when I almost lost it (and it was just lunch time at school).  And to top it all off (this was before we noticed the phone) doctor thinks he is beginning to get depressed.  Not just in pain and doesn't want to talk, but depressed and doesn't want to do anything.  Graham, as sick as he has been all his life, is the happiest, most upbeat and positive person I know.  It's one of the reasons I fell in love with him.  And for him to come all this way and to get down now, breaks my heart.  I hope he remembers his little girl and continues to fight for her.  He's done soooo well so far.  I KNOW he's not giving up, I don't think he could EVER come to that level; but I want him to continue with his ever positive (sometimes annoying), I'm going to beat this attitude.  It is why we are where we are.

1 comment:

  1. Graham, I will personally shoot the bastard that took your phone.
    Hang in there and try not to get to bummed. I am so gald you had this surgery and can't wait to see the new you. We can even go for a jog. Love you cousin.

    ReplyDelete